Fix Crack In Tile?

Hi,
I have a hairline crack running all the way across a 12" X 12" ceramic floor tile. It's probably less than a 1/32" wide. I have no extra tile on hand to replace it and I cannot get any more.
Is there some way to repair this crack so it looks halfway decent?
TIA, James
James Harvey wrote:

What type of tile is it - glazed, unglazed, color? Know who manufactured it? If you can find out, you may be able to find a supplier. I would certainly try to find more for future repairs. Why did it crack?
You can't repair it, but color-matched grout might be the best way to make the crack less obvious.

It's glazed tile. I have no idea where the tile came from other than it was salvaged from a ship that sunk, and was purchased by my wife's boss at a firesale price :(. I am not sure why it cracked.
I may try grouting it, but it's a mottled light yellow/light brown. Matching will be tough. Thank you.
James
clipped

Our tile store had a sample card showing all the colors of their brand of grout. I recently read about a tilesetter's tip for blending colors of grout - mix up a batch of color a, apply, then sprinkle with dry grout color b. Might work; never tried. You will probably come close enough with just one color to just make it a bit less obvious. If it is too fine to fill with grout, buy some face powder and smoosh it in :o)

Thanks. This a very fine crack, prolly too small for grout (at least sanded grout, anyway). Maybe epoxy with acrylic paint?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Heh. I thought so.