Five Rooms of Flooring Going Into the Dumpster

Page 2 of 2

Out of a canon, I hope?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

That is nothing. In my city, there is a neighborhood called Lakeview which is upper class. Most houses there are quite old but very well kept or renovated. Our family lawyer lives there. Near his house some family bought a house and tore it down to build a brand new one. When the house was almost done, this guy demolished the whole structure and started another different style house which is finished now. I still wonder about this.
Tony Hwang wrote:

There has been a lot of that in our area of waterfront properties. Very nice, older one story homes demolished and replaced by McMansions. The new homes are mostly three story and cover the property from side to side. They are truly hideous, too big for the lot and all seem to be designed with one of every type of window available...took a tour of one that was furnished with one brand of furniture that looked like it came in one package....like the stuff that used to sell for $200/room. Yuck! They look a heck of a lot different than a household that is a combination of early marriage, granny's gift, one special spree and the stuff we fought over before selecting :o)