Fishing wires in a condo

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hi, I just wonder if there is wireless solution. I don't know what OP is trying to do.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 07:47:47 -0800 (PST), John G

For stuff like this smurf tube is better (type ENT, the blue stuff at HD) . It is a little stiffer than greenfield so you can push and aim it easier and it is smoother inside. You also cut it with a knife and you don't have those jagged ends.

wall section below ?

h some closets.

ality of the drywall repair is not critical and you needn't be too fussy

t easier to pull/replace wires in the future ?

up the entire wall I suggest that you use flexible metal conduit (AKA Gree nfield). It can be fished through the wall and your run doesn't need to be perfectly straight. Put connectors on each end with bushings to protect t he wire from sharp edges. You can install a pull string for future wire pu lls through it.

*I didn't know that they made it in inch and a quarter.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:47:02 -0800 (PST), John G

ENT comes up to 2", just not at the Home Depot.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:41:49 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

GFretwell
On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 22:14:29 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I should have thought of that. It was hard to drill from 8 feet up. I forget exactly why.
On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:05:53 AM UTC-6, micky wrote:

Went to HomeDepot, they didn't even know what the blue stuff was. went to Menards, they had 3/4" and 1" in 10' whips or 100' roles. All I need is 30', the sales guy tried to convince me to just buy 10' pieces and use couplers. My better sense tell me that I don't what a break in the wall. Any place else that I can buy this stuff ?
On Friday, November 14, 2014 8:40:26 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Smurf tube? Ask at your local electrical supply house.
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 05:40:21 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I remember. It was because the shaft of the bit bent. When it's in a wall it can only bend so far, but it's not that way in the stack/chase.
Are you going down the walls or down the space in the stack? It's been days and I've lost track.

I don't know what blue stuff is either.

What does, plastic water pipe? Pex comes in rolls but I doubt you can't use that to extend a dril. It's more flexible than the flexible drills.
Clare was talking about, well, I'm not sure what screws together other than threaded metal pipe, but he was talking about something that doesn't bend much, not PEX.

1/2 inch galvanized water pipe - schedule 40. I dare you to bend it (or twist it off). It will throw you off a ladder before it will twist, bend, or brak.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:25:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Okay, I guessed right. That has weight enough to make sure the drill bites, when you're drilling down. Not up, but I was drlling down.
How did you attach the drill bit to the pipe?
I'm sure this would make drilling another hole in second-floor-floor a lot easier. Right now I have the coax for the Intenet running down the stairway. Maybe that's what I wanted to hide.

I bought a drill extention and cut it in half. One end welded to one pipe reducer nipple, the other end on another pipe reducer nipple. Then thread pipe between the 2 nipples. I needed it to drill 12 feet horizontally through 2X12 floor joists supporting a raised theatre floor (resting on concrete floor). Worked just fine.
On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:06:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Wow, thanks. Quite a project for me. I'm not very good at welding, but I could try. The last time was 30 years ago with Solid-Ox. I still have some of that, if it's still good, and I have a tip that burns oxygent and Mapp gas, probably not hot enough?
I've been looking for an excuse to buy a small acetylene set up, but I have no room for it anyhow. I must make room.
OTOH, today I was turning off and drianing the garden faucet, and I came across just the piece of masonite I need to reinforce my attic wall. It's one layer of T!-11 and an inner layer that is gradually falling apart where the electrician mounted a floodlight outside, with a winged molly, or whatever it's called. Bought an LED fixture this time, so maybe this will be the last time I have to remount it. So it can be good to have a crowded laundry room.

Wonderful.