First pie... epilogue

Gott in Himmel!! This pie is brilliant! Mrs Smith, kiss my ass!

Jes tried few bites. To-freakin-die-for. Yes, the crust taste a bit plain from lack of salt, but it's not soggy or flabby. Jes right to balance the juicyness of the berries. The berries are VERY sweet, as to be expected from 1 C sugar, but the raw berries weren't the sweetest in the first place and I love a SWEET pie.

I think the crust needs some more fat. Maybe butter. More water, definitely. Tastes good, but dry as dirt. Only the juicy berries and loads of sugar save it. Despite that, still great.

Overall, I LIKE it! and would not be ashamed to serve it to anybody. I'm actually rather proud of it and can say it's better than any store bought blackberry pie I've tasted in a long time. Woo-hoo!!

Can't wait to try this again. Maybe with tapioca. Isn't it rhubarb season? w00t! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Damn! These senior moments are becoming annoying. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Remember, you are Bob. Or not.

Reply to
Meat Plow

If you wont share it dont post it.

Reply to
ransley

I've wondered, over on r..f.c if you were the same notbob or there were 2 folks who weren't bob.

How small *is* this friggin' Usenet thing, anyway?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Bob, I think those crazies over there at the cooking ng are getting to you ...................

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .....................................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Pretty friggin' small it seems. I see a lot of the same folks on several different groups I follow.

Reply to
Pete C.

Yer showin' signs of fermented berry poisoning....give us the recipe so's we can noodle up an antidote. Yes to the tapioca! I made some berry .... rasp-, black-, blue-....cobbler at Thanksgiving to go with the home-made ice cream. Yummmm.....can't wait for strawberry season to get some good jam made. Florida berries are crap.

Reply to
norminn