Firewood --- Did I get a good deal?

Page 2 of 2

But if they can afford it. let's tax them.

Or, as is with entitlement programs, give it to them free, and pay them to burn it. The tax from the haves should balance the payments to the have nots.
What a great idea!
Steve
wrote

NO NO NO...your both wrong! We would be better off making laws to tax the 'use' of k-mart/wal-mart treated firewood, then being as how we are in charge we could lay claim to it after it is used, and as it is then an evironmental health hazard, they would have to pay us to get rid of it.
wrote

OMIGAWD! The possibilities are endless. Are you in need of an executive director?
Steve

Yes, but we can only afford to pay you $5,000,000/year to start. Plus bonus for every worker you lay off.
wrote in message

Let me think about it.
I thought about it.
I'll take it.
Steve

OK, do you have the proper credentials? Did you ever judge a horse show? How many assistants do you need?
wrote in message

Not to worry. Credentials are available on the Internet in three days. Do I need a Ph. D., or will a Ma. do?
I never judged a horse show, but I did preside over many a Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. I also did a few beautiful baby contests, and once did a PGA hole where I marched around and held up a little sign that said, STFU!
As for assistants, I will only need three, and I will PERSONALLY interview them and inspect their assets. Work week will be two days each; that will allow me one day a week off to recover. Only the topheavily challenged need apply.
Hoo, boy. This is getting good!
Steve, the E.D.
nevermind wrote:

Yeah, the same law that prevents interstate transportation of fresh fruits and vegetable, live fish, cows, horses, goats, sheep, cats, dogs, birds, and lumber that has gone through a kiln. Yep, it's illegal to move any of that stuff interstate. That's why all that stuff has to be grown within your state or you can't have it.

Let me guess, the firewood was from China.