Fireplaces and Chimneys

For those who may be interested here's free a book with a lot of detail about the safe design and building of fireplaces and chimneys. The title indicates 1889, but if you look at the diagrams and photos in the book, that date is obviously wrong. The latest photos look like the early 1960s to me.
Farmers' Bulletin 1889 - Fireplaces and Chimneys http://www.gutenberg.org/files/48378/48378-h/48378-h.htm
You can download it in several different formats.

1889 is the serial number of this document, not its date.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Oh, well that solves the mystery. Thanks.
On 3/1/2015 1:14 PM, CRNG wrote:

From the book:
U. S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE: 1947
I've downloaded a lot of free books from the Gutenberg project to my Kindle. Lots and lots of old, useful information.
On Sun, 01 Mar 2015 14:03:22 -0500, Frank

+1. I find it particularly interesting to read fiction written 100 or more years ago. The difference in social perspective is startling.