fireplace screen lubrication

This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.
On 1/1/2015 6:44 PM, denverchick wrote:

Graphite?
On 1/1/2015 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Naah, solution would be like 10% sodium chloride in water.
On 1/1/2015 6:44 PM, denverchick wrote:

Silicone greases can take high temps.
"denverchick" <

and for a 'small fee' you'll let me in on the 'secret'?
replying to Phil Kangas , denverchick wrote:

I'm confused. I typed a description of what I had used to address the situation. I guess it wasn't included with my post. I used a product that had been recommended to me by a guy who lubricated my attic fan several years ago. It's a 4 ounce plastic bottle with a long narrow extendable applicator and is primarily a "turbine oil". I got it at Ace Hardware and it's called "Zoom Spout Oiler". It's manufactured/distributed by "Norvey, Inc." It says it "withstands high temperatures" and is "a must for heater blowers". Anyway, I applied some to a folded paper towel and rubbed it along the track that the fireplace screen is on. Also rubbed it on the rings that hold the screen. There is no problem moving the screen now (and I have a fire in the fireplace). So--I can definitely recommend it.
"denverchick" <

There yah go! Good answer. You've been exonerated .... ;>)}
"Col. Edmund Burke" <

col. burke apparently knows first hand about that application. ;>)}
On 1/2/2015 12:20 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young