Fireplace Doors / Heatilator type?

Hello,
I have a masonary fireplace, never used, and no doors. I want to install doors, but am VERY interested in getting some energy efficiency in the process. I like the Heatilator type fireplace insert/door systems... BUT,they all have a rustic/country look. I have a very contemporary room, polished beige granite panels surround the firebox, etc. I could go with a brass or nickel finshed door, with NO cast iron showing (significant other threatens my demise!)
Are there ANY doors / inserts that are contemporary in design, but allow some energy recovery? I know about two companies that make hearth warmers with the little fans that go below the doors, but they aren't what I am looking for. I will go completely custom, if needed, but I don't even know where to have it made.
I know its a steep request, but any ideas out there folks?
Thanks!
There is a company in Santa Rosa, CA, Malm, that custom made a very contemporary free standing firepalce for me about 10 years ago. The doors are saphire (Al2O3) so they're transparent and quite good conductors of heat.
http://www.malmfireplaces.com/index.html
I found them to be quite clever from a design perspective and quite easy to deal with even though I am on the east coast and they're just north of San Francisco.
Good luck, Boden
M Wilson wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'll get in touch with them and see what they can do.
-MW