Fire Rated Door

I am buying a house soon that needs the door from the kitchen to the garage replaced.

I've read lately that any such door has to be "fire-rated". I remember when the doors had operable windows in them.....

Anyway; I need ALL sources of light into the kitchen. Are there any doors that meet the fire rating that have windows in them? (fixed is fine) (Yes I've Googled)

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

International Residential Code 2003 allows: solid core wood door 1 3/8" thick solid or honeycomb steel door 1 3/8" thick

20 minute fire rated door.

Check your local code & check with your local inspector Available light from a garage seems questionable. How does that work? Are there alternatives? TB .

Reply to
tbasc

Here's a link that might help....

you google around you will probably find more choices. Generally a fire rated door with a window will be steel and if there is a window it will have wire in the glass....

Reply to
Ross Mac