FIOS Telephone connection

Page 2 of 2
On 9/25/2011 2:42 PM, badgolferman wrote:

It seems to be the inevitable result of something growing to be a mega company. They basically become a mini version of the government.
A recently had to call a smaller cable company with a technical question. I was actually shocked when the CS person put me through to their engineering department. The guy actually knew the answer and provided me with accurate helpful information. If that were comcast or verizon it would have been multiple fruitless attempts only to be informed that they were mega corp and you were clueless.
An example, we have verizon DSL at a remote office. Because of the line length it is on a lower speed tier. It worked fine for years and all of a sudden we had frequent no connectivity issues that could be cured by rebooting the modem. After hours of troubleshooting I found they had provisioned the modem for a higher speed than could be obtained. After hours on the phone I found that someone internally had simply made the decision to do that on all DSL lines. Problem is the modem has a pea brain and after hours of trying to get to the higher speed it locks up.
Then after arriving at the reason why no one was allowed to change it back down to a speed that would work reliably. After a bunch more calls I reached someone who actually had the authority to do it.

thankfully so far comcast works fine for me. i am saving big bucks over dish network too. on comcast triple play although i dont need the phone
dish raised their extra receiver fees fom 5 bucks to 17 bucks on receivers i had bought, so they are history too........
dish the service of fees.
verizon fios was the worst customer service i have ever got on anything
On 9/25/2011 2:42 PM, badgolferman wrote:

I'll give up my local loop copper to the switch, when they pry it out of my cold dead hands.
--
aem sends...

I agree I will give up my POTS when they stop providing dial tone. It is he most reliable utility I have.
That Comcast triple play sounds great until the cable is out for a week or two like it was after Charley and Wilma
"Sherman set the wayback machine to the 19th century"
No phone, No TV, No internet and nothing but excuses from Comcast.
I was a good neighbor and set my DSL powered WiFi router on the window sill and opened the connection.

The phone number is active but what about the phone? Can they can use the phone? And here the guy on the other end of the call? We like plain English here. :-)

I would think the alarm company would know how to do that without your help.

Note to any reader...check my sig block, I am a Comcast subscriber, not a Verizon FIOS subscriber. The whole FIOS thing is foreign to me.

There is NO copper in the house. It was ripped out during demolition. Is that English plain enough for you?
"here" is a place; "hear" is to with perceive a sound with the ear. Don't criticize my English until you learn how to use the language properly, yourself.

not on site, but 300 miles away. I have to trust the general and his chosen subs to get this job done as expeditiously as possible and when question arise, I have to try to provide whatever information I can.

it may be that when fios goes in the copper phone service will not be connected again. alarms may need copper service to dial out on in event of a power failure that outlasts the verizon battery time. otherwise the alarm panel may need a cellular device to call for help. verizon offers package deals when you bundle phone and internet and tv. they come and connect the old house indoor phone wires from the old demark point to the new ONT box.