Finishing drywall question.

I have a studio in my garage in which I lowered the ceiling. I've finished all of the drywall on the walls. But I never got around to doing the ceiling. No tape yet or anything. I was thinking.. could I sort of wallpaper it with posters and not worry about finishing it? Would it be as effective in covering the gaps and such?
required type and thickness of drywall is to be finished and sealed, primered, painted in buffalo ny in a heated single home. complete drywall info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheetrock ahead: long, no answer, question needs more info: this type of construction may require properly installed single or double layer rated 5/8"X fire coded drywall depending on your building's permitted use as determined by your address/town/zoning ordinances. this is a broad question best answered locally. for tips on installation, see drywall manufacturer's website. determine where? climate, humidity day/night, building codes. why? for what use? is this a sleeping studio apartment? is this heated year-round? does the garage structure connect to a residential dwelling? will this be an additional dwelling? how? construction type of existing garage, attached dwelling]. there is exterior fire rated drywall manufactured as well. if the garage is attached/detached from the home there is a different answer, also if there is one/two/three or more units of residents in the property has a different answer. was insulation required?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You'd be wayy ahead to finish it before the sheets yellow and get crappy looking,,light and humidity make sheetrock look aged quickly,,papering over seams is'nt strong enough to stop cracking and the joints would telgraph and show.. Dean
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

wrote: | > I have a studio in my garage in which I lowered the ceiling. I've | > finished all of the drywall on the walls. But I never got around to | > doing the ceiling. No tape yet or anything. I was thinking.. could I | > sort of wallpaper it with posters and not worry about finishing it? | > Would it be as effective in covering the gaps and such? |
the sagacious dolt wrote:

I think code says if the garage is adjancent to any room in your house, you may have to tape and have at least 1 layer of mud.