Finishing Drywall

Basically, how do you finish drywall? Tape, mud, sand, etc. How long to wait between coats?

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

drywaller

I've been doing this for almost 15 years but it wasn't until a few years ago that I help a pro. drywaller and now my tech. is fast and easy.

In a tight spot I can do a whole bathroom in one day.

1) I tape with the sticky fiberglass tape 2) Apply a quick coat of "Sheetrock 90" 3) (Wait 30-60 min) scrape high spots and ridges off with trowel 4) Apply second coat of "sheetrock 90" (Wait over night) 5) Sand or apply more sheetrock depending on finish 6) finish with drywall mud 7) Final Sand

Reply to
HotRod

Check

or do a search for instructions. There just has to be an online guide for this common task.

Reply to
C & E

In case people haven't gleaned onto what the homedespair web site is doing, they're posting ridiculously simple and incomplete questions, verbiage indicating numerous questions posted from somone who is changing their screenname, in an effort to get lots of responses so they can get more click throughs and earn more money.

In other words, if you answer their questions, you are helping a spammer earn money. I kind of thought that was against the whole idea of Usenet.

Additionally, what person would give themselves a screenname like "drywaller" and have _no_ idea on how to tape and spackle?

RicodJour

Just a few tips here.

You should be sure to use a 3/8" notch trowel to apply the mix, toss a little sand in it to give it strength, and note that tissue paper works just as well as those *expensive* fibreglass alternatives.

Reply to
Boward

WHAT the heck is the notch trowel for? and SAND? I've never heard of using either. THe sheetrock is strong all by itself.

Reply to
HotRod

I was just screwing around with the good folks (spammers) at Homerepairlive.com, HotRod. I guess I really should be careful with this stuff. You never know who's going to take you seriously.

Reply to
Boward

After an absence from a.h.r for a few weeks I came back to find all these really inane questions with the "posted via" sig. at the bottom. I realize now that questions from that website are somehow being redirected here. But how do replies posted to a.h.r help this spammer's click throughs?

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

Now that made me laugh out loud.

But serially, to get truly flat walls, I just start with a texture sprayer and spray a 1/4" thick coat on the wall. Screed with an aluminum concrete screed and then apply tape. Repeat as necessary.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Replies from here give the appearance of many users for the site. Web babies, not yet weaned will suckle. Users of the site do the clicking.

Oren

Bob, that's so 20th century! I'm surprised that someone with your experience hasn't tried Drywall Peel-N-Stick. It comes in a big roll and you peel off the backing paper and stick it on the studs. Comes in colors and flavors, too!

I just drywalled the van and it looks van-tastic!

RicodJour