Finishing concrete, running out of butter.

Funny I just done two side by side pours with 60# premix concrete bags purchased at same place and at the same time. One pour was ok but the second pure had less butter when I try to finish it. It had more sand and aggregate on the surface and took longer to finish. How do you guys fix this? Throw a little cement on the wet surface to compensate this?

push gravel solids down with rake. was the second pour in higher temp?
when its hotter the cream doesnt have ime to rise to the top as well and you get a rough surface

Could be, but not that much higher.

Come to think of it, the first pour wasn't all that smooth either but better than the second pour. I use to be able to finish very smooth like the garage floors. Seems like the new bags has less cement in them now.