Finishing Concrete

I had a concrete crew finish my slab foundation for a workshop. They used a push broom to finish the surface with. Now that the concrete has dried it has a chalky/gritty surface to it. Is there some type of power tool that I can use to knock down the rough surface left by the broom and make it smooth ?? I'm not looking for a polished surface just want to get rid of the ridges left by the broom.
Thanks, Ray
Hi Ray,
'Broom swept' is a common finish with concrete slabs... it provides traction and 'tooth' to the surface. A hard sweep of a pushbroom or a powerwash will clean up any particulate matter that may have surfaced from curing, but definitely stay away from polishing or grinding the surface smooth-- you'll have your own icerink!
Dave

used
it
that