finishing basement aluminum vs. wood

I am looking at finishing my basement and wanted to know, in order to do the studding and the bulkheads, is it better to use wood or aluminum. The contractor that I spoke to uses aluminum and he prefers it because its easier to use. I wanted to know is wood better for this purpose and if so why ? Cost as well ? Much thanks in advance.
Metal is fast, easy, and cheap, but the stuff has little integrity, so the installation is sometimes flimsy. The electrical outlets and switches hanging off flimsy metal studs can easily push back into the walls, and depending upon how they are secured, can sometimes fall off into the walls

Unless you have dampness and/or termites, wood is better.
2x3 wood on the walls and make sure to use pressure treated wood on all parts that come in contact with the cement (floor and walls)
Tom