Finishing basement

I'm planning on finishing my basement, and I was going to attach some furring strips to the cinder block wall. what size strips do I need to install to accomodate electrical outlets?
Will you be insulating?

Yes, I will be insulating 1 of the walls. I live in a ciondo, so the other 2 walls do not need insulation