Finished Basement: house, drain trap & vent

Dear Readers,
Im planning to finish my basement, but having difficulty figuring out what to do with the one wall against which the house drain, vent, and trap are mounted on. (http://www.flickr.com/photos / 27209625@N03/2538073924/)
I have full basement. House drain is about 6ft above basement floor level, along basement wall, and drains outside to the septic tank.
Ideally, I would like to finish this wall with insulation, furring strips and plasterboard. But I know I *must* have access to the house trap, cleanouts etc. in case theres a clog.
I do not want to reduce proposed living space to make this part of the wall into a utility room.
I was thinking to make two 4x8 panels and mount them with anchor bolts at top and bottom in front of these pipes, so that I can remove and access if needed, and wont be starring at ugly pipes all the time.
Can anyone advise on similar experiences? All opinions appreciated.
Regards, -Theodore.
On Fri, 30 May 2008 21:24:56 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Couple of thoughts: - Paint the pipes the same color as the wall and see if they disappear to your satisfaction - Use some sort of a series of panels that move back and forth along a track (similar to closet doors in newer homes). I admit the overhead looks pretty cluttered for that one. - Since the bottom of the "U" appears to be not more than 32" from the sill, using eyebolts, hooks, etc., as appropriate, hang a hollow core door or 2, on edge, from the overhead, outboard of the pipes. Though it would create a slant, you could easuly work out a system to cinch the bottom back toward the wall, - Personally, I'd paint them
On May 31, 12:24 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I can't see the photos, so I'm guessing:
Hopefully you'll go many years between needing access, if ever. Why not frame and drywall over it? When and if the day comes that you need to get in there, drywall is cheap and easy. Well, easy compared to sliding panels, doors, false walls, or whatever else that you might only use once in ten years.

I hear you. But with my luck it'll clog when only the wife is home, and she'll tell the plumber the wrong place to break the wall, and oh what a mess I imagine. I'm not happy with false wall, etc. either. I'll keep thinking about it. But I do appreciate the ideas!