Finish Basement Bath - Installing shower when roughed-in for a tub?

I had a plumber visit my house to give me an estimate on what it would cost to get the basement bathroom rough in finished up enough for me to install the toilet, sink, and shower. The plumber indicated that it was roughed in for a tub more so than a shower (there is a square hole in the concrete with a pipe recessed below the surface.

The plumber said that we can pay extra to have the concrete tore up and pipe extended out for a shower since the drain is in the center.

Is there an option to have a shower that drains to the front (same side as the water faucet) ? Any pros/cons to these models?

The only one I found online was at this URL:

I am guessing that I need a "front outlet" if they are considering the side with the faucet the front. As my drain will need to be on the same side as the faucet.

Thanks

Reply to
chris

You can have a shower made out of tile. They should beable to put the drain anywhere you want.

Reply to
PAUL100