Finger Jointed Cedar Clapboard Pieces ?

Hello,
Just curious.
Regarding Cedar clapboard siding (the horizontal kind), do folks still consider using the lengths that are comprised from two (or more ?) pieces, and finger-jointed together with some glue ?
Is it even available anymore ? "Much" cheaper than good quality single length pieces ?
How has it held up in practice ?
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote: ...

I'm sure it is. Not sure how much, but probably a fair amount. IME, finger-jointed stuff for exterior use has failed uniformly.
For the last reason I won't use it for anything except some cheaper installations and then only interior (casing, etc.)
`

I have seen finger jointed material fail in interior applications also. Maybe "this" time they got it right.
The composition siding it properly maintained (painted) seems to do quite well. It's one the back of a townhouse my wife owns. Our house is in good shape. But the stuff is starting to swell on the house next door. Time in place is on the order of 35 years!