Finding underground plastic lawn sprinkler lines

Page 2 of 2

Proclaimed on Mon, 27

One of Columbus' sailors said that exact thing regarding America.
I have never seen the Statue of Liberty. I believe it exists, though. I would be locked in a very small world if I only believed in things that were inside my own mind.
Try this. Instead of having to have someone SHOW you, try it yourself. All you have to lose is 15 minutes. Trick is to hold the wires loosely so that they barely teeter forward. Or try the two Tabasco bottles. Work where you KNOW there is a pipe. But then, that wouldn't be as easy as merely blanketly denying that it works and wanting someone to show you, would it?
Try new things. It will expand your life and mind.
Steve
Ray K wrote:

We tried pipe held to the ground, stethoscope, metal detector, when we tried to locate a long-buried controller in our condo property. Finally took to taking a line-of-sight on the cable leading from one controller to the next, went about 8', dug a hole, etc, etc. Worked. Irrig. people have an instrument for following water lines - perhaps there is one you can rent.
Are you sure the heads are not blocked. A small amount of dirt in a head can block the water. My lawn had raised over the years with top-dressing, etc., and over winter my grass grows right over the heads so they won't pop up until I cut a hole in the sod for them, but I still get water flow. In your case, it sounds like an internal blockage, as you get flow for a few seconds, probably enough to fill the lines.
I would suggest you remove one of the heads and activate the system. Then you will know whether or not the problem is in your heads.
Ray K wrote:

there.