Finding a transformer

Page 2 of 2

Wouldn't this be a good reason to get the 120 lights you wanted in the begining ? Less hassel.
Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair
Add pictures here
✖
On May 31, 8:42 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jerry - OHIO) wrote:

Might be too late for that. If all the wiring that is run is low voltage you can't just switch to 120V withour rewiring it, unless it was the correct wire and installed to code to support 120V.
Add pictures here
✖
It isn't that hard to pull wires up a wall from below.
Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 31 May 2010 08:25:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@neo.rr.com wrote:

It took 10 months but I finally found time to to go up to the attic and found a blown transformer attached to the ceiling joists. I replaced it and all is well. The transformer was one of the newer switching types rather than a real 60 Hz transformer. One of its internal components was literally blown off the circuit board by the lightning strike. I think it was a resistor but it was hard to tell because the whole thing was potted in some sort of epoxy. There was a chunk of epoxy loose in the box with half of the component embedded in it. The other half was still on the circuit board.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 6, 7:13 am, snipped-for-privacy@neo.rr.com wrote:

thanks for the update its nice to know how things worked out
Add pictures here
✖