Finding a breaker

Page 2 of 2
You could plug in two heat devices (hair dryer plus space heater) and trip the breaker that way.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Depending on "how", not much. In fact you could earn a Darwin Award in the process if done correctly.
Written with tongue planted firmly into cheek ;-)
DAC
I have used the short outlet to find breaker method. POnce I found a bad breaker that never tripped, and melted the wiring. no biggie for me but perhapos a deal breaker for you.
If your main panel has FPE stab lock breakers DONT USE THE SHORT METHOD. Once a FPE breaker has tripped on a short it may never trip again. REPL:ACE THE PANEL ASAP!
Just whats so important you cant shut off breakers? the power company has popwer failures, so everything is designed to tolerate power offs.
plug a radio in the outlets with volume up high then trip breakers one at a time till the radio quits.
safest best method...... do when no one else is home, most that can happen is some flashing 12;00 CLOCKS
dont tell anyone they will nver know.... thinking house just had power failure:)
Its best to check every device in home and make a breaker chart so you know in the future

Fair enough, if he had life critical equipment like a medical ventilator or monitor, those things should be on a UPS. Same for a website server etc.
Likely a toaster and a hair dryer on full power will draw enough current to trip the breaker.