Finding a 9ft. patio door with a w-i-d-e opening

Every sliding patio door manufacturer I've found so far has 2-panel patio doors only up to 8ft w - and these have good-sized clear openings as wide as 40+".
Great, except my opening is 9ft.
And in that size, all mfrs seem to offer only 3-panel styles - which give a rather pathetic max. opening size of around 25-28" or so.
The door currently installed is a recent Andersen 3-panel slider - and like all the others, its opening is so narrow you just can't carry much of anything through it.
Anybody ever run across a mfr. of 2-panel 9ft w patio doors?
Any other ideas - other than reducing my opening to 8ft?
Bob (but not THAT Bob) wrote:

Your post got me curious, and I measured my patio door (2 panels) and it is 9 ft. I'm thinking of replacing because it is old and seals are broken. I can understand you wanting a wider opening door but my old door is a bear to open. I would prefer something easier but wide. In exceptional cases, like bringing in a couch, could 2 panels be temporarily removed with these 3 panel doors? Frank
Bob (but not THAT Bob) wrote:

Have them made.
--

dadiOH