Final touches on kitchen

Page 1 of 2
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color, did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.
As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.
Took exactly one month
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432futcxqr3b/AAAN3NJfRmqPxd8en_y6iur6a?dl=0
On 9/1/2015 9:09 PM, philo wrote:

Love the color she painted it.
--
Maggie

On 09/01/2015 10:10 PM, Muggles wrote:

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.
On 9/2/2015 4:30 AM, philo wrote:

The wife is always right. lol
--
Maggie

On 09/02/2015 12:59 PM, Muggles wrote:

Yep
when it comes to the kitchen, whatever she says...goes

Holy 1960s Batman. A pull down! I haven't seen one of those since I threw away my bell bottoms ;-)
It did clean up nice.

It was just what the kitchen needed.
Sheesh, can't even remember how long ago it was when I had bell bottoms!
Retro seems to be back now...I see kids wearing retro-60's clothes and laugh. The tie-dye shirts are mass-manufactured prints!

I was actually looking for that ball with the cord winder for a lamp in our rec room but I ended up making the whole thing myself.
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/pull%20down.jpg

Good job...
Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing everything right. This time, while I was re-wiring the lamp and fooling with the retractor to get it working...my wife told me not to bother...just leave it there for looks...once we get it up there will be no need to raise and lower it
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:57:05 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

The center line is beige SJT cord.

Yep
Had to replace the frayed cloth-covered cord
On 9/1/2015 10:09 PM, philo wrote:

Nice job! Got before and after pix?
On 09/03/2015 06:49 AM, Norminn wrote:

Just put the chairs in the kitchen so when the wife wakes up and comes down for coffee it will be all complete.
Did not take a ton of photos but here are a few of the semi-completed project
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0ng9p3273t4hec/AACqm4RymzY8p7IOnG-Zz72pa?dl=0
and here is one of wife working on it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs0l46gv6eomdmf/wallpaper.JPG?dl=0
On 09/03/2015 07:13 AM, philo wrote:

After I posted, I added a "before" pix it shows me and my friend Carol in the old kitchen
btw here is a photo of my wife when she is not in her work clothes
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta1a8efpt2ppm83/colleen.JPG?dl=0
She usually goes around "fancied up"
On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 7:24:47 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

Do you think Colleen would approve of you posting her picture on the intern et? (ভ_ ভ) ރ // ┊ \\
On 09/03/2015 09:02 AM, bob_villa wrote:

She has no choice!
On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

ternet? (ভ_ ভ) ރ // ┊ \\

...or knowledge of it! (◐‿◑)
On 09/03/2015 11:57 AM, bob_villa wrote:

She knows I post...ever since we first met I've always had a camera in her face.
As a matter of fact she once sent a pix of me to a friend...and I was eating like a slob.
Well, I alway eat like a slob but this one was especially bad...so bad I was actually embarrassed.
philo posted for all of us...

We'll now get to work with Photo Slop. Think she'll like it?
--
Tekkie

On 09/03/2015 02:52 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

She knew what she was getting into.
On our first dinner date (20 years ago) when she got up to use the ladies room I finished all the food on her plate.
I'm now 66 years old and have only gained maybe ten pounds since the day I got out of the Army back in 1971.
I eat so much I should weight 400 pounds though.
My metabolism must be pretty high as I eat almost continuously (rarely go more than a couple hours without eating) and if it gets much over 70 degrees need to take my shirt off