Final touches on kitchen

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color, did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

philo

Love the color she painted it.

Reply to
Muggles

Holy 1960s Batman. A pull down! I haven't seen one of those since I threw away my bell bottoms ;-)

It did clean up nice.

Reply to
gfretwell

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.

Reply to
philo

It was just what the kitchen needed.

Sheesh, can't even remember how long ago it was when I had bell bottoms!

Retro seems to be back now...I see kids wearing retro-60's clothes and laugh. The tie-dye shirts are mass-manufactured prints!

Reply to
philo

I was actually looking for that ball with the cord winder for a lamp in our rec room but I ended up making the whole thing myself.

gfretwell

The wife is always right. lol

Reply to
Muggles

Good job...

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing everything right. This time, while I was re-wiring the lamp and fooling with the retractor to get it working...my wife told me not to bother...just leave it there for looks...once we get it up there will be no need to raise and lower it

Reply to
philo

Yep

when it comes to the kitchen, whatever she says...goes

Reply to
philo

The center line is beige SJT cord.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep

Had to replace the frayed cloth-covered cord

Reply to
philo

Nice job! Got before and after pix?

Reply to
Norminn

Just put the chairs in the kitchen so when the wife wakes up and comes down for coffee it will be all complete.

Did not take a ton of photos but here are a few of the semi-completed project

and here is one of wife working on it

philo

After I posted, I added a "before" pix it shows me and my friend Carol in the old kitchen

btw here is a photo of my wife when she is not in her work clothes

She usually goes around "fancied up"

Reply to
philo

Do you think Colleen would approve of you posting her picture on the intern et? (?_ ?) ? ?/ ? \?

Reply to
bob_villa

She has no choice!

Reply to
philo

ternet? (?_ ?) ? ?/ ? \?

...or knowledge of it! (???)

Reply to
bob_villa

She knows I post...ever since we first met I've always had a camera in her face.

As a matter of fact she once sent a pix of me to a friend...and I was eating like a slob.

Well, I alway eat like a slob but this one was especially bad...so bad I was actually embarrassed.

Reply to
philo

philo posted for all of us...

I like the color. You will be over when?

Reply to
Tekkie®

philo posted for all of us...

We'll now get to work with Photo Slop. Think she'll like it?

Reply to
Tekkie®