Final question about GE gas oven

The current question about the GE gasoven JGRP17WEW4WW, which mounts in the cabinet is about the smell of gas.
We tested it numerous times yesterday,and after we saw that it lit ok, I put my nose up to the vent above the door, and 40 seconds after we turned it on, I would smell gas. The burner didn't light until 10 seconds later each of several trimes, or in one try 6 seconds later. Should it take that long to light after the gas valve opens?
But when it lit, it always lit nicely. No bang.
OTOH, Another maybe related thing is that when his wife used the oven the last time, about a week ago, when it lit, there was a big bang, very big to hear her tell it, followed by another bang elsewhere in the house, and then by whooshing or swishing sounds several times, until I guess she turned off the stove.
She thinks the valve was leaking a little for two days, and when it ignited it had a lot of gas there already. In our test, we had opened the door and removed the bottom baffle before we did any test, so if she were right, the gas would have dispersed in our tests. My friend is supposed to replicate her expericnec, but she gets home before he does, and he doesn't want to do it when she's home. :)
Background The last time I asked about this, it pointed to the ignitor. The ignitor when cold had a resistance of 91 ohms, but wasn't connected any longer to the ciruit. We reconnected it and the oven was fine for about 3 weeks. Not sure how many times she used it in that period, but probably more than 2 (or 5 or 10).
Thanks.
mm wrote:

This is Turtle.
first before we go any farther here you need to check to see if all your insurance on the house and family is paid up before we go any farther here. we don't want to read in the newspaper 2 men and one kid was killed in a flash fire at a home while the 3 was working on a G/E stove.
i think you should stop here and call a service company to come see that G/E stove and tell what the problem is for it has got out of hand here.
TURTLE