Filter quits after a few hours

I have a Doughboy Sequel II DE filter and pump. I have a problem with this every year and its getting to be quite annoying. When the filter runs at first its really good, and the water flow is great. After a few hours, I lose water pressure, and nothing shoots out of the return vent. Any ideas?

Reply to
Rick

bump, is it clogging? whats the source of the clog?

Reply to
hallerb

I used to have a DE filter when I kept fish.

Like it or not, when it clogs you got to change the medium. You have a bunch of fine stuff in the water but eventually you will filter them out. You might try adding some stuff that will cause the fines to clump together and be taken up by a "pre filter" if you have one.

In water filtration plants they used to use Alum to get the fines to clump together. The fines would then settle. In the case of a pool, it will just let a cheaper filter pick them up.

Reply to
John Gilmer

on 7/6/2007 12:17 PM Rick said the following:

Take the filter tank apart and clean the filter fabric. Small particles of debris and DE get caught in the fabric and bumping does not remove them. I use a pressure washer to clean off the filters. Here's everything you ever wanted to know about maintaining pool filters:

Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY To email, remove the double zeroes after @

Reply to
willshak