filling gaps between reducer molding & tile floor

I have an oak reducer molding that goes against my kitchen tile floor and on my oak floor in the dining room. When I tested the fit, there were some small gaps between the tile and molding, anotherwords the tiles are not lined up perfectly straight. Only like an 1/8" max in some spots. what is the bets way to fill this gap? I thought caulk, grout, or thinset. I'm not sure about caulk since it would get dirty. Any ideas?

They make sanded caulk for just such situations. If the BORG doesn't have it, try a real tile store. Liable to be a special order to get a color match with your grout.

I've seen the sanded grout. This is a new tile job and I have leftover grout. Could I just mix some up and apply some against the tile so when I put the molding against it it would fill the seams nice and tight?

Yep. Use some painter's tape to mask off the tile and the reducer strip so you don't make a huge cleanup PIA for yourself.
Depending on the wood/grout interaction, it may stain the reducer's front edge (won't bleed through the 'meat' of the reducer). Hit the unfinished underside of the strip with shellac before bedding it in the grout.

There are acrylic latex caulks that go for 2-3$ a tube and dry almost clear. They make a nice clean looking job of spots like this.