Filling a tire with "Great Stuff" expandable foam

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 06:38:04 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

My bet is the foam collapses and you still end up with a flat tire. These tires carry 40-50 PSI of air, Put 40 pounds of force on a 1x1 stick against that foam and it will disappear into the foam.
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:06:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If I could figure out how to inject it into the valve stem, I'd prefer to fill them with concrete.
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:22:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Just buy solid tires and be aware on soft ground, they suck. If you are always running on a hard flat surface, they work great. Think rail road wheels vs car tires
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 9:17:50 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

???Why would the suck on soft ground? On carts, hand trucks, garden trailers, etc. regular tires don't flex enough to be noticeable...actually I suspect they don't flex at all.

You suspect wrong.

this: http://www.americanindustrialtire.com/foamfilled.htm

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:30:17 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

That looks like an answer but it is "a urethane rubber product" not styrene foam