Figuring out color of ceiling for touch up work

I need to do some touch up work on a ceiling in a bedroom. Unfortunatly of all the paint they left behind, there is none for that room. Is there a easy way to get a excact match of the paint. The house was built in 87 so would I be able to contact someone who built it and get the color? I would prefer to get thye correct color match since I don't want to go through all the trouble of repainting the ceiling or paying a painter to do it for me. Nor do I want to do any diffcult to repair damage to the ceiling.
Even the same paint will look different because of aging and touchups never work , you will notice them
Peel off a 1" or so piece of the paint and take it to a paint store and they will scan it and mix a perfect match for you.