Fibre Tool Box

I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material? The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can refinish it.
http://www.fibrecase.com/toolcases.html

By fibre, do you mean fibreglas, carbon fibre like my ski poles, or what?
On 4/21/11 5:20 PM, Paul Ruiz wrote:

you might want to post to the comp.dcom.telecom NG Lots of old Bell people hang out there
On 4/21/2011 6:20 PM, Paul Ruiz wrote:

Best darn tool cases ever produced. I wouldn't know how to refinish it but it's something that can be handed down through the generations so I'd never get rid of it. I wish I had one. :-)
TDD

So buy one - the company is still around.
fibrecase.com
On 4/22/2011 8:48 AM, RicodJour wrote:

I don't think they're made the same way with the same materials any longer. I did bookmark the site and start scheming about how to get one. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas explained :

Here is what I'm talking about,new ones are molded.The company told me to use clear or black laquer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bell-Systems-Tool-Box-Vintage-Tool-Box-/170629795938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ba541062

The manufacturer wants too much info? That sounds like you tried to fill out an online form. Have you called them on the phone?
After serious thinking RicodJour wrote :

I just sent them an email with the pictures of the tool box,they did answer my first email,that was nice of them. I repaired many a phone line with this little box.

If you want tech support, you pick up the phone and ask for tech support. It's by far the easiest and fastest way. Anything else is just dicking around.
Looks like the same sort of stuff that I had with a Crown Graphic press camera. I remember taking a rag and some ammonia cleaner to it, nothing more, just to get the grease/dirt off of it.