FIBERGLASS SHOWER

-------------------------------------

I'M WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CUT OUT A SECTION ON BOTTOM OF FIBERGLASS SHOWER STALL. THE SHOWER STALL IS IN OKAY SHAPE, BUT I NEED TO BE ABLE TO TRANSFER A PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT HAVING TO LIFT OVER BOTTOM.

ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 322137 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
djenkins

Several years ago, while selling bath remodeling for Sears, I had a customer who lived in a mobile home with a fibreglass tub/surround. She wanted a shower for the same reasons you mention. We had a subcontractor who refinished tubs and repaired fibreglass. He cut out the front of the tub, patched the cut edges, and had a custom shower door company make a door to fit the new opening. I believe a shower curtain would also have worked. She was happy with the results. However, we still left a lip to keep the water from running out under the glass door. I suppose you could design some kind of dam that could be lifted out to gain access and put back in to keep the water in during use.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G