Fiberglass chimney separation...

I have a masonry chimney. A wood framed wall covered with drywall butts up against the side of the chimney. I can see that the wood members were held back 3" from the chimney (Code states 2" to combustibles). Can that space be filled with unfaced fiberglass insulation???
You might ask this question of your local planning and zoning department.

No, must be an air space. Can be sheet metal stopped at the floor and ceiling.
--
John Galbreath Jr.
http://www.firelogs.com /