Fertilizer

I see they now have 12-0-12. Evidently the middle number was phosphorus. This is supposed to be water friendly. All of a sudden our lawns don't need phosphorus now? Or do they? What about lime. I don't see anybody lime their lawns any more. Is that out of fashion?
--
LSMFT

Drive slower than the posted speed.............................

Phosphorus causes cavities.

I'm rural, and we all call Bullshit......................fertilizer.
Actually any kind of Cowshit, Horseshit, or Sheepshit will do.
Lefty wrote:

That's a chickenshit answer.

Chicken shit is the best!!!
On Mar 20, 9:22am, "JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com"

For the most part the first number is what grass uses to green up and grow. Best to do a few soil tests, then you can decide which fertilizer ratio is right for YOUR lawn. All plants need a little magnesium for optimum growth, but you can use epsom salts for that.
If your pH is below 6.5 add lime (500 pounds per quarter acre) and test again in 6 months. If you add lime when the pH is above 6.7, you're really wasting time and money.

If you can arrange for a lot of lightning strikes, you can reduce the nitrogen needs somewhat<G>
On Mar 20, 9:22am, "JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com"

Quite right but only if you rot it down first.
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 04:06:10 -0700 (PDT), harry

Spreads weed seeds, but works.

Get the dehydrated chicken manure in bags from a farm / feed store.
Fresh chickity poo poo will burn your plants.