fencing cost

Page 1 of 2
Would anyone have any idea how much about 70 feet of fencing would cost in Berks Co., PA? Installation included. Is there a per foot average? The least expensive would be preferred as this is a rental and I want it for my dogs. 4 feet tall is fine. Is cyclone fencing the cheapest?
I realize it's a tough question to answer but any advise/suggestions are appreciated. I just want to know if I'd be looking at $1000 or $5000.
bonnie
Would anyone have any idea how much about 70 feet of fencing would cost in Berks Co., PA? Installation included. Is there a per foot average? The least expensive would be preferred as this is a rental and I want it for my dogs. 4 feet tall is fine. Is cyclone fencing the cheapest?
I realize it's a tough question to answer but any advise/suggestions are appreciated. I just want to know if I'd be looking at $1000 or $5000.
bonnie
Well, I am not in PA (I'm in California where everything is expensive), but I recently had 74' of 4' chainlink fencing replaced at my house that a drunk driver took out; for installation of new fence, poles, and rails it came to $700.

Holy smokes! I think I got the wrong estimate. I'm looking for 80 feet of 6' chain link. First quote was $3200.00!!!!!!!!
My wife and I just bought a house, and I need to fence in the back yard for my dog. I got 2 quotes - the first was over $5100, the second was for $2200.
This is for a 48" stick build fence, 4x4 posts set in concrete, 2 gates...
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Okay, we've got $700 to $5100. I guess I have to make calls. Maybe if I buy all the materials, the landlord will put it in with his son. Is it very hard for 2 guys to do put a chainlink fence in?
bonnie

back yard

second was

concrete, 2

Maybe if I

son. Is it

why don't you check your local freecycle.org I see poeple offering chainlink fence often in my area.
Kathy wrote:

great idea
Doug Kanter wrote:

ohio here. just had 62' of 4' chainlink fence installed for $844.
Chain link quality varies all over the lot, from cheap poorly galavanized wire that will rust fast to heavy top quality vinyl coated mesh.
from cheap thin poles literally just pounded in ground, to top quality schedule 40 or 80 heavy pipe rustproofed inside mounted securely in pre dug holes filled with concrete.
such explains price differences
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

mine is 9 gauge galvanized wire with pipes mounted securely in pre-dug holes filled with concrete. such is the extent of my knowledge. it keeps the idiot neighbors off my property and is uniform with all the other fencing in the immediate area. that's all i care about.
Warlock wrote:

I am going to head over to Home Depot tomorrow to check out prices of materials. Then I'll approach my landlord. I am hoping he will take me up on an offer to buy all materials if he and his son (and I can help too) install it.
bonnie who is moving from NJ to PA
Bonnie,
A rule of thumb that I like to use for budgeting - find out what the materials will cost (Home Depot or most any lumber yard is happy to help). Then double the cost and add a little.
It is not an exact, but it gives a starting point. Once you've done this, call around to a few of the local fencing companies and see if they can give you a ballpark over the phone. Make sure that the materials they are quoting are the same or close the same to the specifications from Home Depot or the supply yard.
Note that there can be a big difference in the cost of the fencing depending on the wire guage, coatings and post sizes.
snipped-for-privacy@ExpressQuoteOnline.com wrote:

Glen, thank you for the guideline.

Why would you not simply call a few fence companies and ask?

in
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Doug. FINALLY someone says something like this. I have waited for the longest time for this kind of answer. The questions on this NG are becoming more silly by the day. A man wants fencing in Berks County PA. Who does he go to for an estimate? Literally anyone on the planet with internet access. Who in heavens name does he hope to do the work? Some guy named Sven from Stockholm? Make some local calls and get estimates from the people that are going to eventually do the work and hand you the bill. 4 or 5 calls .....tops.
I feel better.
Have you investigated a temporary solution like a chain link dog kennel Petsmart has a 6'x6' for $240. or $27 per 2'x4' panels for the excercise pens

I'd vote for welded wire fence (about 10 cents per square foot) and $4 6.5' T-posts from Tractor Supply, with a $20 T-post pounder. This makes a fence that costs less than $1 per linear foot.
Nick
home depot sells wire mesh fence about 40 bucks per 50 feet plus poles.

Before using this tool, call for buried utility locations.
Scary story on request.
--
:)
JR