fencemender for rotted posts

Has anyone used these, if so how do they work?
I saw them at Home Depot, but find little/no info on them online except for 1 person who had good luck.
Let me add to the skimpy amount of info on these things..
I put a set on, and I am very impressed. It can't get any more solid than it is, and since they don't have anywhere to go, I don't see them going anywhere.
$14 at Home depot.
For my rotted posts I drive one of those metal 'spikes' into the ground right beside the old post. I take a 4' length of 4 X 4 fence post and stick it into the spike holder.
Then I pre drill a couple of holes in the fence post and use use 2 - 7" long lag bolts with big washers to bolt the 4' section of fence post inserted into the metal spike to the old post.
It gets the job done super fast - and eliminates having to take the old fence apart with the inherent broken boards that follow that operation.