Fence Weathering

Hi, We've just had some repairs made to a stockade fence (flat stockade topped with a 1' high section of lattice) and of course the repaired sections stand out garishly against the nicely weathered original. is there a way to accelerate the weathering? I think that staining would not be the answer as it would always look somewhat different whereas if I do nothing it will probably be indistinguishable in a couple years. Is there anything I can do to ameliorate the discrepancy in the meantime?
Many TIA
Martin
<< Is there anything I can do to ameliorate the discrepancy in the meantime? >>
It is very likely that the repaired section will never match the rest, so you have as options: 1) Ignore it and worry about something more important. 2) Admire it as a sign to your neighbors that you care enough about your property to keep it well maintained. 3) Conceal it with shrubbery suitable to the rest of the landsacape. Might be other options as well. HTH
Joe
if it is?is to be finished, maybe waite a month or so before you finish/seal it. Tony D.

meantime? >>

you
Maybe go the other way? Make the existing fence look like the new fence? a good oxy based deck cleaning chemical should lighten up the old fence.

meantime? >>

you

stand
as
This is Turtle.
Paint it with used motor oil out of your car or truck and darken it darker than the other part of the fence you want to match. then in about a week or two you will see it have that grey weathered look. the Used motor oil will also be a good weather proofing stuff. Now the E.P.A. is not going to like you at all. Some of the farmer around here just use the used motor oil for their fences to protect them from rotting. The new motor oil will only dull it just a little and your going to have to use too much oil to get it darken enough.
TURTLE
Pint with waster and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate.) This will accelerate the "graying" upon exposure to the sun.
RB