Fence Protection

It already happened...

Several weeks ago, I inquired about what do to to protect a fence along my driveway. My driveway is shared with a four family house next door. I decided to bury lolly columns about 4 feet deep in concrete at certain locations.

Well, one of the columns has already been hit, and now I have a bent lolly column next to a strait wood pool. Also, the bottom of the lolly column is still buried in concrete, and strait as an arrow.

Now I have a few questions:

1) If I call the cops and they determine who did this, will their car insurance company have to pay? Might they get a ticket? Is it worth it to call the cops?

2) What is the recommended method to remove the lolly column in concrete since it is now bent? I am suprised that this concrete filled lolly column bent so easily

3) Any other suggestions as to how to protect these fence columns?
Reply to
john

If proved yes, they will have to pay or their insurance and if their insurance pays their rate goes up. If you can prove who did it call the cops if not forget it you are wasting your time. Private property will not be a ticket unless you can prove careless driving or alchohol.

Maybe the footing moved and didn't bend?

Yes, buy some tire stops like parking lots use and decorate them. I have made this work and look good before around rock gardens.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

That is what I thought, but on close examination, it *was* the post that bent! I wish there were bigger ones I could get my hands on. (This one was only about 4" in diameter.

Thanks for the advice. I think that is the way I will have to go. I might stack them two high, because there are some pretty high trucks that use the driveway! Where did you run into a similar problem?

Reply to
john