Fence for pets

I plan on checking on fence for 5 small dogs. The fence will be around 50x50. My sister knows a guy that says he has a vinyl fence that has been used. I don't know yet why he ended up with a used fence, but it makes me wonder if vinyl will be durable. It will be in the back yard and will not be seen from the road.

Can the dogs dig under it?

I haven't been around the dogs to really know yet. I am guessing that would be a concern. He would be going 3 inches into the dirt. I am guessing that won't stop much.

Bury some hardware cloth along the bottom edge of the fence. That'll change the mind of all but the best canine breakout artists.

Get a Fi-Shok and a spool of the yellow wire.
It certainly taught my "3 time loser at the pound" some manners. Every other kind of fence was just a puzzle for him.