Fence charger for 2 boxers

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 13:33:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Some "weed chopper" types will lock on for a longer period of time to "burn off" encroaching weeds - but they have been outlawed in a lot of places for 2 safety resons - 1- not releasing to let a vicim get away, and 2- staring grass fires.
Here in Canada I believe the only approved fence chargers are pulsed - I'll see if I can confirm one way or the other.

I've found Clare gets his feelings hurt easily when someone contradicts him.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

No feelings hurt. Just have not seen a constant output fence charger in YEARS. I know we had a Bowman Weed Chopper years ago and even it was a pulsed output untill a certain current was drawn - then it would lock on and buzz like an arc welder for a longer pulse. It would burn off 1 inch saplings with no problem at all. They started lots of grass fires and were removed from the Canadian market, like 30 years or more ago.
On 7/21/2015 12:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

my Dad had a charger for the bird cage. Most likely home
made. He used a blinker from a hobby shop, to pulse the
power supply.] gers work that way -

center posted, with respect for your style.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon wrote:

My neighbor's dog charges the fence until she knocks down a plank or two so she can come into our yard to play with our dog. They are very good friends but our dog does not do it.

Just checked - there are NO CSA approved AC output, or continuous shock systems - so no AC shock or continuous shock fence chargers are legal for sale or use in Canada.
In the USA check with your property/liability insurance company. Most (or at least many) will NOT insure you with an AC output fence charger.
Most DC output, or intermittent shock fence chargers pulse about 0.3 ms every second or there-abouts at a voltage of 3-10,000 volts Most general farm use chargers are under 5000 volts, many under 3000 - with the high voltage units reserved for wild-life control, particularly for long haired animals and frozen ground.
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:54:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

This one is the pet version and only has about 800v. It is fine for scaring the dog tho. We put it away years ago and now Mr Ed is a "follow you around" dog.
On 7/21/2015 3:13 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Sounds like a good thing, dogs getting socialized.
Maybe a dog activated catapult, to fling the dog over the fence, at his or her will? You don't have skunks in the area, do you?
Catapult can be named Save The Fence Ultimately, and you can shorten that to acronym, uh, well, we will think of some thing better, I'm sure.
Working The Fence? Hmm. Maybe not. I'll get back to you.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 07/21/2015 10:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscGfKAQDag