Fence and gates

I want to erect a fence with gates. I have found suitable fence panels but no matching gates. Is there is any problem with cutting a fence panel and making two gates of it, with suitable hinges?
Perce
Not that I can see. You need to finish off the cut ends of the top and bottom pieces, and you will need some sort of diagonal brace to keep it for sagging. There are nice rods with a turnbuckle on them that are used on screen doors. I've used them on a door that I fabricated for a fence on a deck that had my spa on it in a previous house. Good husky hinges, and the rod/turnbuckle like I mentioned, to keep it square.

I've always felt that turnbuckles were only used for doors that had started to sag. At any rate, on one occasion I replaced two twoxfours out of three (Z shaped) from my gate and a third of the pickets, and the next time most of the rest of the gate, and it's good and doesn't sag. I guess I could have made one from scratch just by copying mine someone else's.
I would buy an afforable gate on ebay, I have recently purchase a high quality but cheap gate of ebay company called finer fencing and gates, they will make to measure at no extra cost.