FEMA TRAILERS

People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"
They look like regular old camper /rv trailers. We've got tens of thousands in the southwest.
Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ? ????
<rj>

I am not sure if your question is serious or not, but I'll respond in case you are serious.
The FEMA thing has to do with elevated formaldehyde levels. If you're concerned, you might look into having the levels tested, if that is even possible.
Or sleep with the windows open.

the cabinets and simulated wood paneling. Any home (traditional or manufactured) could have this same problem if they used the same low grade material.
The other point I think is the amount of time exposure, if you live months on end in your RV, and your walls are covered in the cheap simulated wood products, then yes, it might be a problem for you. But normally RVs are considered to be for temporary recreational use, and the makers might feel OK with a higher toxic gas levels to save cost. (not price to buyer, cost and profits to maker.)
<RJ> wrote:

The TV reporter interviewed an RV dealer. The dealer said that all RVs have formaldehyde in their materials. But, if they are thoroughly aired out before they are used they will be ok. He said the biggest problem with the FEMA trailers was that they were stored for a long time without being aired out, so they developed high levels of formaldehyde. The dealer said that he always aired his RVs out before selling them.
Bill Gill

It is mostly in the particle board they use and that may take 6 months to outgas most of the formaldehyde based on my experience with a room I built. I used particle board on the floor over a sheet of plywood. It wasn't really odor free for almost a year (windows open the whole time). I would never use that crap again.