Feeling a cold draft (loc

C_kubieL
C > Sitting in my living room while watching TV. I can feel a cold air C > draft move by. I recently put in Celular shades to keep cold from C > comming from the windows. Also put in a new storm door to reduce C > drafts from the front door. C > C > Is there a good way of targeting where the cold air is from? Also, is C > it possible it would be comming from the under the baseboards?
You'll have to do a little investigating. The draft could be coming from around the windows (are the older?). We could feel a draft coming from the outlets in the living room so put an 'outlet insulator' under the plate ==> can be purchased in hardware stores. Is a set of thin foam panels with cutouts for the duplex outlets and switches.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Pollytheism: n., the belief that God is a parrot.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

That outlet insulator, is that the same kind of insulator foam pad that comes with exterior GFCI outlets?
On 12/17/2004 9:35 AM US(ET), c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Similar, but a different foam. The interior ones are usually off-white, while the exterior ones are dark grey. The exterior ones serve more as a weather gasket, while the interior ones serve as insulation.
C > > You'll have to do a little investigating. The draft could be coming C > > from around the windows (are the older?). We could feel a draft C > > coming from the outlets in the living room so put an 'outlet C > > insulator' under the plate ==> can be purchased in hardware stores. C > > Is a set of thin foam panels with cutouts for the duplex outlets and C > > switches. C > That outlet insulator, is that the same kind of insulator foam pad that C > comes with exterior GFCI outlets?
Similar. The insulators we used here came in a plastic bagged 'kit', probably with the rest of the insulation/weatherstripping (it was years ago!). The insulating foam itself is white (the foam with the exterior outlets I've installed here is a silverish black) -- would presume if you have outdoor pads available they would work.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Odd Books Alone IV ..........Eddie Buddyhome