Feeling a cold draft (loc

C_kubieL

C > Sitting in my living room while watching TV. I can feel a cold air C > draft move by. I recently put in Celular shades to keep cold from C > comming from the windows. Also put in a new storm door to reduce C > drafts from the front door. C > C > Is there a good way of targeting where the cold air is from? Also, is C > it possible it would be comming from the under the baseboards?

You'll have to do a little investigating. The draft could be coming from around the windows (are the older?). We could feel a draft coming from the outlets in the living room so put an 'outlet insulator' under the plate ==> can be purchased in hardware stores. Is a set of thin foam panels with cutouts for the duplex outlets and switches.

  • Pollytheism: n., the belief that God is a parrot.
Reply to
barry martin

That outlet insulator, is that the same kind of insulator foam pad that comes with exterior GFCI outlets?

Reply to
c_kubie

On 12/17/2004 9:35 AM US(ET), c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Similar, but a different foam. The interior ones are usually off-white, while the exterior ones are dark grey. The exterior ones serve more as a weather gasket, while the interior ones serve as insulation.

Reply to
willshak

C > > You'll have to do a little investigating. The draft could be coming C > > from around the windows (are the older?). We could feel a draft C > > coming from the outlets in the living room so put an 'outlet C > > insulator' under the plate ==> can be purchased in hardware stores. C > > Is a set of thin foam panels with cutouts for the duplex outlets and C > > switches. C > That outlet insulator, is that the same kind of insulator foam pad that C > comes with exterior GFCI outlets?

Similar. The insulators we used here came in a plastic bagged 'kit', probably with the rest of the insulation/weatherstripping (it was years ago!). The insulating foam itself is white (the foam with the exterior outlets I've installed here is a silverish black) -- would presume if you have outdoor pads available they would work.

  • Odd Books Ä Alone IV ..........Eddie Buddyhome
Reply to
barry martin