(Faux?) Wood Flooring Question

I'm helping to set up a new Wal-Mart SuperCenter where there has been installed a new (?) type of floor that I've never seen before. It looks very nice, like a medium-colored (darker than pine) wood grain. It's also textured. I suspect that's supposed to make it slip-proof or, at least, slip resistant. I've never seen a wood floor that wasn't smooth.

I was thinking that this would be great in a home with dogs. They wouldn't slide on the floors like they do now.

Has anyone heard of this type of floor? What is it called? Is it available for homes or just commercially?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Why would you not want the dogs to slide around. It's great entertainment. My cats love doing it. One cat I had a habit of tricking the dog into chasing it and then it would make a quick turn right before the wall. The dog was not so quick so it slammed into the wall every time. She never learned. I guess she hit her head too often. :-)

It sounds like any of a number of laminate floors. You might even find it in their home improvement area.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Its new from china

Reply to
m Ransley

I have seen textured laminate floor in the Home Depot or Lowes down here in FL. I also like the look and have been considering it for the bedroom. The only down side I can see is that dirt might accumulate in the spaces and make it harder to clean.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.