Faulty water meter?

Page 2 of 2
On 6/21/2016 6:27 PM, Micky wrote:

I wonder if he'd be alive if he had AR-15 assault rifle? Hollow plastic stock, could have used it to float to safety.
These threads are so much more interesting with the follow up. Thank you.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, November 8, 2006 at 11:22:30 AM UTC-5, DAVID ALEXANDER wrote:

ing

.

,

ked

he

all

ste

ld

it

Shut the main valve off in the basement. If your water meter is still spinn ing, turn the water back on, and get your video camera. Record the meter sp inning with the water on, and then keep recording when you go shut it off, and go back to it still spinning. You might need it for the lawsuit against the water company if they don't want to pony up a refund.
...but really, the odds are it's going somewhere. Sounds like A LOT too. I' d normally say check your toilets, but you may have a pipe under the founda tion or something that burst, creating a nice little sinkhole. That's not t he water company's problem.
That main valve is SOMEWHERE, and it's usually not far from the meter. If t he house was made less than 30 or 40 years ago it's probably a ball valve. Looks like this. http://www.cranecpe.com/images/dmImage/StandardImage/crane -ball-valves.jpg
On 06/21/2016 12:20 PM, John D wrote: ...

You'd think so, wouldn't one?
But, the house in TN (I discovered when the regulator failed closed leaving us with an infant two days home from delivery and no water) had the isolation valve buried in the line leading to the house about 6-ft from the actual entrance at an el in the direction the line was laid.
To make it even more enjoyable, at the time it was in the middle of a two-week long rainy spell so digging in E TN red clay and standing at the bottom of a 3-ft hole/trench was a treat indeed...at least it was early May so wasn't terribly cold.