Faulty burner in Kitchenaid range

This is a Kitchenaid flat (glass) top electric range, model KESH307...
The left front burner, which is actually a dual burner, has stopped working - it turns on but puts out very little heat. At first I suspected a faulty element, but I removed the glass and the element looks fine. The outer element measures 37 ohms and the inner one measures 45 ohms.
Now I'm thinking it's the thermostat. Is this likely? Are there any other possible culprits? Can the thermostat be replaced without changing out the entire element?
Thanks,
Steve
(please reply in the newsgroup as this email address is dead).
Steve,
In my limited experience the burners are run by "control switches" which contain thermostats. Cost $25-50. But first unplug, open up and look for disconnections or burnt wires. There are lots of on-line parts places but it is usually no more costly to look in your phone book.
Dave M.

The middle element or the outer one?

I have a friend with cancer. He looks fine too.

I don't know what a good one would show. Generally anthing that is not zero or infinite is likely to be good.

I think the thermostat would be fully on or fully off.

Yes, the socket into which the element plugs, in most electric stoves. I don't know about yours in particular. But you must have unplugged it from something in order to look at it and measure it.
Mine worked some of the time for years before it got bad enough that I replaced it. If I jiggled it, it would good for a few months at a time. It was a one element burner and never put out the wrong amount of heat, but either the right amount or none.

Had the same problem on a glass-top Kitchenaid and it went away when I replaced the switch for that burner.
Vin - Automotive Recall lists, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) and Crash Test Videos at http://AutoSmash.com