Faucets - Bath

Is there truly a big difference, aside from the appearance, of a faucet selling for $34.00 and another for $100?

Yes. You may not see the difference for a couple of years, but the higher priced have better materials, thicker materials, thicker plating.
We bought a Delta look alike for a additional sink at work. After two years, it was ready to fall apart, everything was loose, etc. The real Delta next to it has been in place for ten years with the same use and still works perfectly.
Yes

Sometimes, quality-wise, yes. Other times, you pay a lot of money to have a faucet that looks expensive.
But while you can frequently spend $100 on a $30 faucet, the reverse is rarely true.
--goedjn
i started using american standard faucets with ceramic valves several years ago and find them to be much better than moen or delta in function and finish. it started out with one i bought for my bidet in 1998 .after that i am sold on american standard ceramic valve faucets. and they have a true lifetime warrany. lucas