Faucet washer repair

I have a bad faucet washer in my bathroom sink. The washer has a chip out of one edge of it. What sort of glue can I use to repair this chip? would epoxy work? Normally I'd replace the washer, but since we are in a depression, I can not afford a new washer so I want to repair the old one.
Tim
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@myspace.com wrote:

Just cut one out of an old tire.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 3, 4:13 pm, snipped-for-privacy@myspace.com wrote:

If its on the hot water side just cut the water off at the angle stop. If its on the cold water valve...swap it with the good washer in the hot water valve.
Since times are tough you make do with cold water only...this of the energy savings.
Add pictures here
✖
I saw something at Ace, only $29.99 for a half ounce tube. But if you call in the next 10 minutes.... they will throw in a dicer slicer that does eggs, walnuts, and faucet washers too.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@myspace.com wrote in news:kgre75tbjp9h9j91joc4bm01mej5d6gfnm@ 4ax.com: