Faucet Terminology ?

Hello,

Was wondering right the right name for this type of faucet might be.

I don't think its termed a Cartridge or a Compression type, but not sure.

I have a bathroom faucet assembly A separate hot and cold valve handle, with the water exiting from the middle spout. Sort of the standard bathroom faucet arrangement.

Inside the valve assembly there is a small rubber "hat" with a small, tapered, spring inside. that presses this "hat" against the underside of the part that is actually turned.

It certainly isn't a Compression type of valve faucet.

Are these called Cartridge types, or is there another name for them ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

It sounds like a Delta, Peerless or clone type of faucet. The part with the stem that moves is called a cartridge. The rubber hat is called a seat. The spring is a spring or seat spring.

For normal drips all you need to replace is the seat and spring. Bad drips sometimes need a new cartridge.

Here is a link to the Delta site with illustrations.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt