Faucet shut off valve and plastic pipe

I had a plumber tell me using brass fittings on a faucet shut off valve with plastic 1/2 pipe is not safe. Instead you should use stainless steel fittings. Why is it not safe?
Mike E. Fullerton wrote:

Why didn't you ask him instead of us? We (at least I) didn't make it up. :)
What kind of plastic? Maybe _something_, but for life of me I can't think what.

electrolysis

Which corrodes - the brass or the plastic?
Bob
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:48:04 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Isn't that for hairy pipes?

When I say plastic I mean PEX. When I say brass fittings I mean brass compression fittings.