Faucet screwing problem

I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection so I un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately the new faucet is pointing nine o'clock when it should point downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it still points nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same results which I find next to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??

Reply to
John

jim

Bad choice of words. With "chiseling" I mean I used a sharpening tool.

Reply to
John

Dude.

If you're screwing a faucet, you really need help. or at least a good woman !!!!!

Reply to

That's why they call teflon tape - Six O'Clock tape. Go get you a roll and put at least 3 layers thick on the 'groves' and you can point it to six o'clock.

Reply to
JimL

Where the threads start does not always determine where the device stops. In your case, it's where the threads END on the pipe that settles that question. You can (HARD WAY) get the right-sized die and cut more thread or (EASY WAY) lather the pipe with teflon tape.

Reply to
HeyBub

LOL!

Reply to