Faucet screwing problem

I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection so I un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately the new faucet is pointing nine o'clock when it should point downwards ie six o'clock.
I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it still points nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same results which I find next to impossible,
How do I get it point where I want??
Phone a plumber as you should never chisel anything Iam a plumber so get one John wrote:

Bad choice of words. With "chiseling" I mean I used a sharpening tool.

Dude.
If you're screwing a faucet, you really need help. or at least a good woman !!!!!

LOL!
If you are using telflon you really don,t know how to put it in to begin with and as I said call a plumber and get it done right.John wrote:

That's why they call teflon tape - Six O'Clock tape. Go get you a roll and put at least 3 layers thick on the 'groves' and you can point it to six o'clock.
John wrote:

Where the threads start does not always determine where the device stops. In your case, it's where the threads END on the pipe that settles that question. You can (HARD WAY) get the right-sized die and cut more thread or (EASY WAY) lather the pipe with teflon tape.